The Giving Tree

The Giving Tree

"Sorry, boy... I don't have anything to give you"
"That's ok... this is enough for me"

There was a big and old tree. The boy and this tree were played together everyday. The boy talked to the tree and tree listened to him quietly.
He slept in the shade of the tree, ate apples and ran around the tree.
Tree was happy.

Over time, the boy grown up and he was in trouble because of lack of money.
Tree said to him

"You can take apples"
"you can take my branch"
"you can take my trunk "
"and turn them into money"
 "...and be happy..."  

Decades had passed, boy came back to the tree.
"Sorry, boy... I don't have anything to give you" 

"That's ok" he smiled and sat on the stump and said
"This is enough for me... be together forever"

The tree was happy.

This is my favorite book and I often had my mother read.
I was sad and felt the tree's kindness because the tree dedicated everything to the boy.
I'm sure you will be happy when you read this.

コメント

  1. The boy and this tree were played together everyday.

    The boy and this tree played together every day.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Brain

Tinkers farm